The 789tens Palm Reusable Instant Heat packs are reusable, they are compactly shaped to comfortably fit within hands and over eyes, and they can be used as cool packs. Simply click the internal disc for instant heat, or store in the refrigerator for use as a cool pack. These 5 small packs can give up to around 150 minutes of heat (combined), and they are durable enough to use every day. Simply boil in water for 5 to 10 minutes to recharge before using again. The 789tens Palm Reusable Instant Heat packs are designed to also be used in small areas like gloves, and on other areas like puffy eyes.
Please check out "789tens Reusable Instant Heat Packs" in our FAQ for details and help.
Dimensions = 3.44 W x 3.0 L x 0.75 H in
Weight = 77g
Heat duration of each pack = up to 30 mins
Made in China
ACTIVATING YOUR HEAT PACK:
Snap, bend, or press the metal disc until the crystals are activated (it may take more than 1 attempt, especially when the pack is brand new). When pressed correctly you will hear a clicking noise. The pack will start to change color as it begins to heat up.
After your activated heat pack cools down, it will begin to solidify. In order to reuse the pack it must be boiled in water to turn the contents back into a liquid. Depending on the size of the pack, this process normally takes between 5 to 25 minutes. Please see instructions below for boiling your reusable instant heat packs.
BOILING YOUR HEAT PACK:
1. Use a nonstick pot to boil the water. If you do not have a nonstick pot, then wrap your pack in a towel before boiling it in the pot. If the pot is not large enough to accommodate your hardened pack as-is, then fold it into thirds (or as necessary) before wrapping or placing it in the pot.
2. Fill the pot with enough water to fully submerge your pack, and bring the water to a boil. You may add the boiling water from a kettle in order to speed up the boiling process.
3. Safely place your pack in the pot. You can do this either before or as the water boils.
4. Boil your pack for at least 5-30 minutes (this does not include the time it takes for the water to heat up to a boil). Ensuring that 100% of the crystals have melted is necessary. Smaller packs should take 5-10 minutes, larger packs 15-25 minutes to melt all the crystals.
5. Turn the heat off before removing your pack from the pot. Place it on a clean and safe surface, and allow it to cool down to a safe temperature. If your pack was wrapped, then unwrap it before laying it to cool.
6. Now your pack is ready to be reactivated for instant heat, or placed in the fridge to use as a cold pack. Do not place your pack in the freezer, and it is not microwaveable.